Skip navigation

24hrCall Us Today!

617-212-1708

Menu

What Makes Carbon Monoxide So Dangerous?

A lot of homes use appliances and heaters that rely upon the combustion of fossil fuels. These may include gas furnaces and ovens, pellet stoves, oil boilers, and other common systems. These heaters and appliances have much to recommend them, but homeowners are also wise to remember that the incomplete combustion of such fossil fuels will result in the creation of carbon monoxide. If not vented out of the home properly, carbon monoxide can prove to be quite dangerous to the residents therein. That is why having a reliable carbon monoxide detector in Newton, MA is so important. Schedule your CO detector services with FB Electrical Services Inc. to keep your home safe from the dangers of this gas.

What Makes Carbon Monoxide Detection So Difficult?

Natural gas is infused with the sulfuric odor of rotten eggs in order to alert homeowners of a leak in their residences. You can smell smoke, and can see it as well. Carbon monoxide, though, is not nearly as accommodating as these other substances. You will not see carbon monoxide leaking into your home, as it is entirely invisible to the human eye. You won’t smell it either, as it has no scent, and you can forget about tasting it, as it is tasteless as well. As you can tell, the detection of carbon monoxide is not something that you can rely on your own body and senses for.

Know the Exposure Signs and Have a Detector in Place

The only way in which to truly protect yourself from the dangers of carbon monoxide exposure is to use a carbon monoxide detector in your home. We are happy to install and service yours for you to guarantee that it is operating properly. You should also be aware of the warning signs of CO exposure, though. They resemble flu symptoms, with headaches, nausea, and body pains being common. Longer exposure may result in dizziness and trouble breathing. Eventually, CO exposure can result in death. Don’t take any risks with carbon monoxide in your home. Work with a member of our staff today.

 

 

Comments are closed.